Key Account Sales
We are seeking a full time professional sales representative to go after new business and service existing customer accounts. Experience in the water works industry is a must.
The ideal outside sales candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales and profit.
- Responsible for profitably growing sales, achieving sales goals, prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts and increasing opportunities with existing customers.
- Possess the necessary sales skills to hunt for new business, close deals and manage existing accounts.
- Make regular prospect and follow-up calls to achieve sale activity goals.
- Ability to build solid relationships with customers and convert them into real business.
- Comfortable making customer presentations.
- Proficient with a CRM system for manage your prospect/customer data and tacking your sales activity.
- Must be a self starter with a positive winning attitude.
- Conducts on-site customer visits with new and existing customers, insuring their satisfaction with our products and services at all times.
- Maintains existing and builds new customer partnerships. Develops and sustains relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partners.
- Forecasts, prospects, and bids for new business to include customers, markets, and additional service opportunities.
- Continually enhances sales skills and product knowledge in order to promote a professional image in the field and be in-the-know on new products and services offered by vendors.
- Processes sales orders and credits timely to ensure prompt billing and payment.
- Fully engage in all activities that pertain to your accounts (sales, invoicing, bidding, take-offs, deliveries, returns, credits, etc.)
- Partners with customers, vendors, & credit to quickly resolve customer issues. Conducts negotiations with vendors and manufacturers regarding pricing, returns, credits, etc.
- Support and promote the UWW core values and maintain a positive winning attitude.
- Participates and engages in daily sales meetings.
- Assists in training and mentoring of inside sales associates.
- Meet or Exceed profit and sales goals monthly, quarterly & annually.
- Measured on growth of existing accounts year over year.
- Measured on developing new accounts.
- Meet or Exceed sales call activity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others attentively; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Maintains confidentiality; Maintains relationships with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- 3 years experience in water/sewer/storm drain with a Supplier, Contractor, or Engineer
- Computer Literate ; Tech savvy
- Possess strong daily sales habits
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Health insurance
- 401K plan & Profit Sharing
- Vacation pay
- Paid holidays